Deep Routes is created in partnership with local community driven radio and arts foundation dublab. Deep Routes explores the rich musical histories embedded in the Los Angeles landscape. Each episode features a spectrum of voices and multimedia that dives into the intersecting roots and routes found within the streets, buildings, and neighborhoods of Los Angeles corresponding with Metro Bus, Rail and Bike Share.
A new season of episodes offer new perspectives shared through oral histories with local artists, business owners and community leaders. Episodes traverse sounds from the LA Filipino/a/x Diaspora to the Cumbia Sonidera scene on Broadway to the rave scene in the San Gabriel Valley, and beyond.
- Mon, 4/3/2023: Live at Union Station – May 7, 2022
- Mon, 4/24/2023: LA’s Filipinx Diaspora – It’s Not A Genre, It’s People
- Mon, 5/8/2023: Cumbia Sonidera on Broadway
- Mon, 5/22/2023: Groovin’ in the SGV, with Latin house music
- Mon, 6/12/2023: Instrumental City
- Mon, 6/26/2023: Quetzal: One Band, Many Movements
- Mon, 7/10/2023: Stories and Sounds of the Tongva
🔊 Listen live every 2nd and 4th Monday at 7pm
🔊 Listen to past episodes here
Click titles below to listen and learn more
You must be logged in to post a comment.