Explore Metro Art, Explore LA!
Metro Art is excited to announce the return of our in-person award-winning tours! The free tours cover the art and architecture of Union Station and welcome visitors to spaces generally not open to the public. All tours are led by trained Metro Art Docent Council volunteers and provide insights into the artworks, artists and art-making processes. Rail safety and rider tips will also be provided by Metro staff.
Attend a Free Union Station Art Tour
Sign up for our Arts and Cultural Events email list to be informed about more upcoming Union Station art tours and other Metro Art news.
* Reservations are required. Registration will close 24 hours in advance of the tour.
|Wednesday, May 25, 2022||10-11am (PDT)||RSVP here|
|Tuesday, June 7, 2022||10-11am (PDT)||RSVP here|
|Thursday, June 23, 2022||10-11am (PDT)||RSVP here|
- Metro Art tours are approximately 90% walking; there are elevators and escalators at Union Station.
- The Docents distribute TAP cards that are pre-loaded with an all-day pass allowing tour participants to ride the Metro Rail & Bus system for free. Attendees may keep the TAP cards and reload them for future use.
- Docents use voice amplifiers in the station to support auditory experience within a public space and wear bright orange safety vests for easy identification.
- There are public restrooms available at Union Station.
“I went on a tour of Union Station during the 75th Anniversary celebration and immediately asked how I could do this! I had a great tour guide, and the tour felt like a mix of a bunch of things I loved – public transit, art, LA history. It’s really helped me to learn more about those subjects over time and I have a new appreciation for public art in particular.” — Metro Art Docent
Become a Docent with Metro Art
The Metro Art Docent Council is a dedicated group of volunteers committed to increasing awareness of the broad range of public art in Union Station through tours that provide insights into the art, the artists, their processes and the surrounding communities they enhance.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Metro Art Docent, we invite you to review the following information:
For more information about the Metro Art Docent Council Program, email email@example.com.